Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Guess Who

While Brecken was preparing the room to teach her Young Women's lesson on Sunday, Reuben drew this masterpiece on the chalkboard.

When Brecken looked over and saw the little vertical box with doors she asked: "Is that the TARDIS?"

Reuben proceeded to tell her: "Yes, and that's Dr. Who (with the crazy hair from Season 5),Amy Pond (Dr. Who's traveling companion, her and Rose Tyler are Reuben's favorites), A Dalek, and a Cyberman."

What I love about this is Brecken and I are equal fans of this crazy British time-traveling sci-fi show (it's rare she shares my love of the genre). And now so is Reuben.

I can't wait to see these guys in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!

Oh, and by the way, I am in good health and loving my work. I saw a film called 127 Hours last week about the man who gets trapped in a canyon in southern UT and has to amputate his own arm (true story)--several of my friends and co-workers actually worked on the film. In the last 15 minutes when the actual amputation occurs, it really got to me, and I actually passed out. The end.

4 comments:

breckster said...

Reuben also included the sonic screw driver (by doctor who) and a lazer gun (the thing on the top middle, with the lazer beam going around the drawing.)

Tammy Lorna said...

You have the story of the time I thought the cookies would sing and fall over.

And now I have the story of the time you fainted in 127 Hours.

Love. It.

So happy to think of my favouirte family of 4 being back together in only 2 weeks! woo-hoo!

xo Tammy

PS. I'm pretty sure You, Brecken, Rueben, and a bunch of people who died many years ago, are the only fans of Dr. Who....

Kay Jones said...

Actually I Liked Dr. Who also, but can't get him on my current TV set up. I hope Justin's faining was the only time he did that. That's scary! I will be glad when all four of you are together again. It's hard to be apart.

johnjen said...

Justin, I worked with Aaron Ralston at Intel and I was at his book signing in 2002 here in AZ. It's a trip that I know this guy really well, that he was able to cut off his own arm, etc! What a small world! ;)