Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blueberry

When I finished this hat, Reuben said, "Oh! that is BEAUTIFUL!" Since it is for an infant it doesn't fit him, which was a huge disappointment to him, but it was so easy (and fast) I'll make one for him next.

I used this pattern. With the slight change that I changed colors when I got to 4 loops, and changed needle size when I got to the I-cord because the yarn went from worsted to sport. I have to admit I'm pleased. I'm thinking I might need some orange yarn and do ribs for a pumpkin hat this fall.

3 comments:

Dani said...

He's right. beautiful!

p.s. i have NO IDEA what you're talking about with all this I-cord, worsted, loops business. maybe someday I will. I've taken up crocheting. I'm working on an afghan. beginner-style.

Mindy said...

That is super nice. You might even want to do a ton of pumpkin hats for halloween and market your talent. If we had a baby that would be ready for a 1st trick or treating, I'd want one (no baby here though). Hmm...you could even do strawberries for girls or something.

emilysuze said...

That is so stinking cute! It totally looks like a blueberry! You're so crafty and I'm jealous...my poor baby is going to have generic baby beanies to keep his hairy head warm! :)