Monday, November 17, 2008

this is my 700th post

Today the door bell rang. I ran to get dressed so I could check who was there. It was Justin with the groceries, talking to the Super. Turns out, a concerned citizen saw a baby hanging out of our apartment window. (Which would be pretty hard considering all the windows but two are closed, and those two open ones have gates on them.)

So, the Super put child guards on the two windows that didn't have them. When summer comes we will have to uninstall them so we can install our air conditioning units.

It must have looked really convincing, or the citizen must have been offended at his nudity. (Reuben can go all day using the potty as long as he is naked...he is naked a lot because I am DONE changing diapers.) The concerned citizen would have had to cross the street (because you can't really see in the window unless you are across the street), then called the Super, then waited for the Super, then explained which window it was.

Reuben was playing in our room. He likes to look out the window and "think," and in that room he can get on to the inside window sill from by climbing on to the radiator. He must have been standing while he thought.

No Reubens were harmed in the making of this story, but to tell you the truth, I am not sorry it was so uneventful.

3 comments:

The Jones :) said...

LOL...sounds like an eventful day and story!! I'm glad no Reuben's were hurt though!! Good luck with the potty training stuff...I don't look forward to those days...we love you guys and miss you!! Hope everything else is good with you guys!!

Erika Hill said...

When we lived in England (not that I remember, but this is a story I've heard a lot), we lived in a house with two stories, and all our windows swung out like a door. One day my mom was on the main floor, probably cleaning or something, and my brother Justin (4 at the time) was upstairs playing in his room. A man came and knocked on the door, and when my mom answered it he simply said, "Excuse me ma'am, but there's a wee lad hangin' out of the window."

My mom looked up, and sure enough she saw my brother Justin dangling over the lawn while hanging on to the top of the window. Upond questioning him, my mom found that this was Justin's favorite thing to do--he would swing back and forth on the window until he got tired.

I'm not sure what they did to stop this from happening again, but 23 years later he's still doing great, so it must have worked.

Mindy said...

Hahaha!