Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day


I've never been much of a Valentines day fan. Sure I liked the little gifts mom gave us, and the candy from school. But, really, Valentines day was a day for the popular people. I always felt a little awkward giving valentines, and I wasn't much of a giver once the mandated school parties stopped.

This is our fifth Valentine's day. Our first Justin was shooting a Novel commercial, and I made dinner for us and we watched the Lizzie Mcguire marathon on the Disney Channel. Our second Justin made me chicken parmigiana and had it ready for when I got home from a extra long commute. Our third we were new parents and kind of forgot (but we both forgot so it was fine). Our fourth Valentines day we had a babysitter and we went to see Dream Girls and to Wingers (but it wasn't actually on Valentines day).

This Valentines day I got my very first dozen roses. I think a dozen roses was one of those things I told myself I didn't care about because I had little hope of getting them. Justin told me he ordered me a gift, but it wouldn't get here in time. And I knew what it was right away. He loves to get me exactly what I want so that means very little surprises around here. Now, I admit don't like suprises when they make me mad, but I do often wish I could have one. Like when Justin came home from the corner deli he had some flowers in his hand. I was happy to see them, and surprises when I saw roses (they are not the usual choice of flowers.)

I must say, I like them.

I got Justin a much desired gift that counts for valentines, fathers day, and possibly birthday. A reciever so we could use our surround sound, cause the Koss one we had shorted out. Its pretty darn cool, and he has spent most of his time home setting it up.

I hope you have a nice day, Valentines or not.

2 comments:

Tammy Lorna said...

Oh Brecken - they're lovely! I'm glad you've had your 'first dozen roses' :)

And I know what you mean about never thinking you cared that much about roses - It's amazed me over the last few years to suddenly find myself really loving all of those 'girl-romatic' things I've always foo-foo'd and rolled my eyes at!

I even like candles now!
*sigh*

Lots of love to all of you,
xo Tammy

Rachel said...

So cute! He's a keeper. I love that you can remember the details of all of your shared Valentine's days. Abraham teases me for remembering such things. It must be a girl thing.