Saturday, November 3, 2012

Anxiously Engaged

IMG_7374

Justin got me a new lens for my birthday. I had it on for part of our walk through the Grand Canyon. This is a Grand Canyon Bee. I was lucky to catch this moment of a bee busy at work. It made me think of this wonderful talk from this last conference. 

And thinking about that made me think about New York. I was happy to see reports that New Yorkers are reacting how I remember them, banding together and working through it. Sometimes I think back on that first year and my panic attacks, I'm relieved that I was able to realize that I had nothing to fear. That city can make it through anything, and will because of the people that make up New York. It's different than any where else, and that is what makes it special.

1 comment:

Tammy Lorna said...

LOVE this photo.
AND the message behind it :)