Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Valentine
I'm sure you have seen these on the blog-o-sphere, you cut a slit on the top and bottom of the hand and slide a sucker through it. Reuben happily posed, picked the picture, and wrote his name on the cards so that he could slide the tootsie pops in. We had some to deliver to friends today, but we are taking a sick day so they will be fashionably late, or be eaten by the little boy who has been trying to eat them for days.
11_02_13 097
Friday was his school party. We had such fun. We made ice cream in zip lock bags, and it WORKED, and ours didn't even get salty!

In the little bag (put bag in bag because I hate salty ice cream)
1 Cup whole milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (or chocolate syrup or strawberry syrup)

Put that sandwich sized sealed bag in a large freezer bag with ice and salt, and agitate it. We threw it back and forth, we crashed it around on the table, we shook it.
11_02_13 10111_02_13 103
We are missing daddy, and having a sick day. I mentioned to Reuben that he should put some chapstick on and he told me no because he was not getting dressed today. No wonder the boys have been crabby because if they have been feeling the way I feel they have been feeling pretty crumby. Reuben started to act sick on thursday, and seems to be getting over it, and I started to act sick on saturday, but hit the worst of it today.

I was talking to justin, and reminded me of our traditional valentine's meal. I'd make it, even on my sick day, if there was an avacado worth eating in this town. We decided we will have it when we are reunited. A Panini on Sourdough, avacado, tomato, bacon, turkey, pepper jack cheese. Now, I have even more to look forward to.

Speaking of Justin he is living in our big empty duplex now. But, he couldn't scope out the ward for me because it was stake conference. I've been trying to do some blog stalking, but have been mostly unsuccessful, although the ward's facebook group had pictures of the christmas party on it and there was a guy with a guitar, and another one with a fiddle so we are hopeful.

No comments: