Sunday, March 14, 2010

I heart NY

The housing office sent someone to look at our apartment. I thought, "what are you doing," and then I remembered that we are moving in May, and May is not that far away. And watch out, this may shock you, I've been thinking of reasons why I'm not in a hurry to move. Part of it is that we don't know where we need to move come May 31st when we aren't welcome in our apartment anymore. But mostly because there are some things about New York life that I have come to really (wait for it)... LOVE. I know!

So, I thought I'd dedicate a few posts to the things that I heart about NY.

I heart being friends with really talented people. Justin and I have had this conversation a few times recently, we've always been friends with talented people, its just that here there are A LOT of talented people so we can have A LOT of talented friends. For example, here are our friends playing at Columbia's Teachers College.


6 comments:

Sandy M. said...

Sounds like it might be a little harder to leave than you have thought... It doesn't help when you start to feel edged out of your apartment before you are quite ready to go though! Always much nicer to feel that it is your decision and not someone else's! Still, new beginnings are pretty exciting :)

xo

Tammy Lorna said...

I knew you loved ny! Oh, don't worry, I knew you didn't KNOW you loved it... I've just been waiting for the realization to hit you. How could anyone NOT love ny?

Lol!

Xo Tammy

ps. Mind you, out I all the things i (expect to) love, the thing I love the most is just that it's the location of the cookshack. So don't worry about all of us - I'm sure well grow to love the new place too... Wherever it is :)

emilysuze said...

It's amazing how things can turn around like that. We hated it out here for the first little bit, but now we're talking about buying a house, enrolling kid(s) in school, and eventually retiring on the West Coast. Life is wild like that.

Where are some of your options for re-location?

Jessica said...

Hee hee. Who are you and what have you done with Brecken? Isn't this one of the signs of the times? If I start liking snow, we'll know the end is near, but somehow I doubt that will happen any time soon.

charrette said...

I am so glad you've come to love New York.
It's a gift to learn to love wherever you live.

(I didn't expect to like being in Utah either.)

charrette said...

p.s. Did you take those photos? The one at the bottom is really cool.