Friday, December 25, 2009

Dec. 24: Nativity, and Riverside Church



We started off the day with the nativity. If you have not watched it yet, you should.

Justin worked all day to edit it together for me. We had Turkey, Bacon, Tomato, Pepper Jack Paninis on Sough Dough. They are a lot of work for a sandwich, but oh so good.

Reuben took a nap.

We then went to the "Lessons and Carols Service" at the Riverside Church. It was fabulous. The choir was SO good, it made me miss singing so much. The Nave is beautiful, especially with the candles. Carols and Scriptures are my favorite way to celebrate Christmas. I look forward to singing again... once I don't have an infant, or a student husband.

We then had Boston Creme Pie with some friends. It was so nice to talk and relax together. We got home at midnight, climbed our stairs. Reuben requested that I read Polar Express. Then he was out.

While it was not MY traditional Christmas eve, it was perfect. I will admit I missed listening to my dad read Polar Express, freezing while walking between the car and the homes to carol with my sisters, and scraping the ice off of the interior windows in the car so we could oooh and aaah at the twinkle lights. But I was able to ignore those twinges of homesickness because the true spirit of Christmas was abundant.

Santa came as soon as Reuben was asleep, and didn't leave until 2 AM.

My month of daily activities was a success! I did do some fudging but only on three or four days, and I had a good excuse: like 6 flights of stairs. Looking back over this month I'm pretty impressed with myself. Reuben showed Justin the calendar today and told him "We did EVERY day." I'm happy to report that I will be staying home and playing with Christmas presents for the next week. I'm almost tempted to say I am staying home and playing with Christmas presents until the elevator is fixed, but I don't think I could get away with it.

1 comment:

Michael and Natalie said...

I'm impressed with you, too. :)