Sunday, June 21, 2009

Reuben on his Father

I know I could write a lovely post about what a great Father Justin is. But it would sound like bragging, and exaggerated; but it would be completely true. He really is that good of a Father. I figured I would spare you, and just tell him in person instead of on the blog. Besides, you would believe Reuben more than me. So, three year old Reuben thinks this about his Daddy:

A few days ago Reuben was laying on the couch an hour or so after daddy left for work and asked me, "Mom are you sad?"
I said, "Nope."
He said, "I'm sad."
"Why?" I asked.
"I'm just sad because Daddy is gone at work. When Daddy leaves I am sad."

Reuben says the same prayer morning, meals, and night. Dear....Thank thee for the time to spend with daddy. In the name.... We try to interject other things, or a blessing on the food, but he responds by saying, "NO! I don't want that in the prayer."

What makes Daddy happy? Tickles.

What makes Daddy sad? When I hit him.

How old is Daddy? He's three years old.

How tall is Daddy? He's Giant... Why are you little?

What is Daddy's favorite thing to do? Play games with me...called chess.

What is your Daddy's job? He plays games with people.

What does your daddy do at school? If he goes to school he won't come back.

How are you and Daddy the same? He's a boy, and I'm a boy.

How are you and Daddy different? When we are lost... when you and me are lost. That's something.

How do you know that Daddy loves you? Playing with eyes.

(You can tell I lost him. He ran off to play parachute guy with Daddy.)

2 comments:

Tammy Lorna said...

Justin really is a wonderful father :) I saw enough of both of you in your first couple of years with Reuben to know that, although I suspect it's really the kind of thing anyone could know after watching either of you with him for 5 mintues. He's very lucky :)

xo Tammy

Abby said...

This is such a cute post! He's lucky to have 2 wonderful parents :) xo