Sunday, August 31, 2008

My husband, the one with an uncanny memory

Justin is VERY good at remembering things, especially dates. I, on the other hand, don't even know how old I am, let alone what the date is.

I had my "dear summer" letter brewing for a couple days and on saturday I woke up and started to write. Justin woke up and saw me writing and figured I remembered what special day it was. He read over my shoulder and realized that I hadn't a clue. He waited most of the day to remind me that we were engaged 5 years ago that day.

I am a very lucky girl, and count my blessings often. I am so glad that I said yes that day. I love my ring, and the boy that came with it (and probably the other way around). My memory says that it was much longer than 20 minutes, but I think it was because it had been 2 weeks since we had seen each other, and I knew he was going to be proposing that day so I wanted it to be a perfect day. Poor Justin on 2 and half hours of sleep and me expecting him to be up and at my door at 8 AM. I remember thinking we were spending way too much time being tourists, and not enough time getting engaged, but he did have the perfect plan, and it did keep me guessing. He still hasn't been able to really surprise me, I either figure it out early, or was so specific in my desires that I was all but expecting it the way I wanted it. I'm glad he keeps trying to surprise me, I secretly want to be really surprised some time. He came pretty close with Dar Williams concert this year... I bet he could have pulled it off if I hadn't seen the concert listing.

2 comments:

emilysuze said...

I can't believe it's been five years! You guys are so lucky and absolutely perfect together!

Mindy said...

It's fun to read about this part in your life. I can't remember how old I am either, but yours is in September so "Happy Birthday!" while I'm remembering.