Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Its Too Darn Hot


It has been in the high 90s with at least 45% humidity. We decided to not go out today. Its pretty hard to go places when you don't have an air conditioned car to get you were you are going. We have discovered that the buses are better conditioned than the trains so we may just always take the bus this summer, and like how Dad goes to the grocery store to cool off, we might just ride around the city for a couple hours.
Reuben decided all he needed to wear was this hat. He calls it the "auntie tammy hat." He's lucky that he doesn't have to find a shirt everytime someone knocks on the door.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I think I would take that warm weather here right now. brrr...

Jessica said...

It's been rainy and cloudy here lately, but I think I prefer that to hot and humid. Sounds like I need to get him an "auntie jessica" hat so he remembers me too.

Jed and Kate said...

I know, this heat is just MISERABLE, isn't it?! It is killin' me! Our building's AC is malfunctioning (of course) and I just can't stand it! I have to wear summer clothes for my hot & sweaty commute, and then change into warmer clothes to endure my office's frigid AC. I guess I'm fortunate I can work in a cold office instead of outside as a construction worker in the nasty, humid, heat.

breckster said...

He loves to play "the george puzzle from Auntie Jessca" (he says jessica in one syllable.)

charrette said...

Hmmm...It's FREEZING here! (45 degrees is not normal for June.) It's actually SNOWING in Park City today. Go figure.

That said, I'll take cold over hot any day!
Hang in there.

Tammy Lorna said...

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Brecken - I think you need to teach Reuben to say 'Oi Oi Oi' whenever someone else says 'Aussie Aussie Aussie' :) I bet it would be a good diversion from the heat for him... haha!

Sorry it's so hot though - I hate feeling hot. It's winter here, but it's not that cold yet - it's coldest in July/August. Neither extreme is as nice as the perfect middle temperature, but I figure you can always put more on and you can only take so much off!

Love to you all - and a special hug to Reuben. (This will be my new desktop picture I think!)

xo Tammy