Wednesday, April 2, 2008

No Pictures... To gross

Our mouse has been smarter than the million of traps we have. Justin did kill one behind the piano, but we still find mouse poop in the morning, and since we've rearranged the living room I've seen it in there confused that there aren't as many hiding places.

I was so fed up that I risked getting close to it last night and shoved steel wool in every nook and cranny I could find.

Today, Reuben and I waited too long to get lunch so I was already shaky when we went into the kitchen to make sandwiches. Reuben was standing next to me stealing pieces of cheese, and I heard some rustling in the corner by the door. Since that was one of the nooks I had closed up I had one expectation... a mouse trying really hard to get in where it thought it should be able to hide. But no... I saw a mouse tail sticking out of the trap. At first I was really excited because finally we caught one, and then I realized that I had to deal with it.

I grabbed some tongs and a bag, picked up the trap with the tongs and threw it in the bag. I went out to the lobby in hopes to find the super, then to the basement, when I had no luck I put the bag on the floor and stepped on the trap. I couldn't check to see if I actually killed it... it wasn't making any more noises. I threw it in the garbage.

I had left a message for Justin when I called to find out what the super's number was. I was a little flustered, and I guess there was a lot of static. An hour later I got a call from justin asking if he needed to come home, and was everything okay?

In other news I tried to change it up this morning and watch Napoleon Dynamite instead of one of Reuben's already favorite movies. Reuben is a fan, he calls it "po ta might." I'll let you know when he starts quoting it, its only a matter of time.

3 comments:

Michael and Natalie said...

I saw our mouse STARING at me from a hole in the wall. Staring. When I looked into it's beady little eyes I could tell it was taunting me. When we finally got the super to come in and not only plug all the holes w/ steel wool (b/c that doesn't work by itself) but also but poison down and actually seal the holes with this putty stuff, I heard the mice for several days trying to get in. It would be the middle of the night and Michael, Nacho and I would be sleeping and I would feel Nacho's body tense up because she heard something. Once I caught one literally 8 inches away from me in bed behind my night stand eating a Now and Later. When I pulled away the nightstand there was tons of poop and it looked like that mouse was working on that candy for a really long time. Oh, and about the insurance thing, I work all the freaking time so I haven't had time to call you about it. It's too hard to explain in an email so hopefully I'll get a chance to call you soon to tell you about it.

The Jones :) said...

Sick Phatty...that's sad you have to deal with mice...YUCK!! Good job on taking care of it though...can't say I'd be able to STOMP on it!!
As for the "new" movie for Reuben...he is his father's child and I'm sure he'll love it, quote it, and sound JUST like them!!
-Becki

Tammy Lorna said...

Promise me you'll get it on camera if he starts quoting Napolean :)

xo Tammy