Friday, March 14, 2008

Juxtaposition

Justin has started spring break. I am so excited (even though I have to work still). But trying to think of things we could do to make it fun after my work is done has reminded me of a few things I miss about Provo (I usually miss the people).

I miss the pork salad at Cafe Rio with creamy cilantro dressing and black beans and the fancy rice. Oh, how I miss it. I do not miss the Chicken Salad because that one always made me sick but it still tasted good.

I miss BREAD (preferably artisan bread) on my Paninos. I do not like flat bread, it is dry and uninteresting with a nasty mouth feel. I miss the Kneaders French Toast and that wonderful syrup. I do not miss having to choose between my 4 favorite sandwiches at Kneaders.

I miss Goodwood. (There is a BBQ place in the neighborhood here that we've heard good things about, we haven't gone yet, do you think they will give you a great salad, and have real bacon on the baked potato?) I don't miss getting cravings for the mopped delmonico and not being rich enough to get one.

I miss the SWEET in boneless buffalo wings (you know from Wingers or O&W.) I keep ordering buffalo chicken hoping for the sweet and spicy and am very disappointed when my mouth just burns up.

I miss Brick Oven's Pizza, with its crust, and options. Pizza is good here, but no one has the crust and options I love. (oh, and the free root beer, I miss that too.)

I miss the dollar theater. Oops, did I say that? Now J will think we can go all the time if we ever live by one again.

I miss a living room that is not a bed room, and a bed room that is not a living room. But I do not miss the yucky carpet.

I miss having my sisters over for Easter. Speaking of easter I got Reuben and easter outfit, but they are shorts... I don't know what I was thinking... it is not going to be warm enough for shorts.

4 comments:

Tammy Lorna said...

Brecken, if you figure out how to NOT miss things, let me know! :) I hate missing things because it makes me feel so sad, but I don't really now how to stop missing things :(

I'm sure there's some solution where I'm supposed to turn the "I miss it/them" into a grateful "but I'm glad it/they were in my life for that time", but I just haven't been able to get the hang of that one yet! Being nostalgic just makes me sad! :)

xo Tammy

PS. Yay - Justin's on spring break!
PPS. I was dreaming about a cafe rio salad the other day ;)

Margaret said...

Aw, it's always sad to start missing things... but if you ever come back here, let us clue you in on how to travel with dearly-beloved food. (There is a once-in-a-lifetime-good BBQ place in Memphis called Leonard's. It is the only one. And it is the best BBQ ever found, anywhere.) And we carefully packed the meat and buns separately, froze them, and filled a small cooler with enough ice to last the two plane trips. Sad was the day we boarded the plane and realized the cooler was still at my grandmother's house...
Anyway, yea for Easter outfits! I was tempted to buy Adam one, too, but I'm saving up for his very first suit when he turns 18 months. :)

The Jones :) said...

I miss you guys...and wish we could go to some of these places together!! Sure would be fun!!! Hope you guys enjoy Justin's spring break!! When are you quitting work???
-Becki :)

emilysuze said...

I miss some of those same things you do! Cafe Rio needs to consider expanding their business to Seattle and New York!