Saturday, November 17, 2007

Here's What I am Thinking

Now that I get to cook for thanksgiving I am excited. Here's what I am thinking.

Herb Roasted Turkey Breast (If there is a bone in it or not will depend on what is cheaper, but I do want skin so I can have Justin shove fresh herbs between the skin and the meat.) Gravy, Bread Stuffing, Cranberry Orange Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Sis. Zizka Rolls. (I might have to skip on the sweet potatoes, it will depend on how big our load is to carry home.)

I think we might invite people for pie so I can make all the pies I want a sliver of, Justin doesn't understand the 5 pies thing.
Pumpkin, Pecan, German Chocolate (like the Marie Calendar's), Lemon, Fake Cheese Cake (If it sounds like no one will come I'll only make the first three pies.)

I figure if I make the pies, dough, and cranberry sauce on Wednesday, Thursday will be a breeze, and I'll have enough room.

My favorite Thanksgiving memories include: Jordan and Justin "washing" the turkey, those two together with a prop that can dance to A-Teens at 1 or 2 AM, you do the math. The addition of a pecan pie just because I was in New Mexico. Freezer Jam on brown and serve rolls. (I don't have Freezer Jam, so I can't just have brown and serve rolls.)

I can tell you how to make any of this stuff if you are interested, I just didn't want to type out the recipes.

1 comment:

Tammy Lorna said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm going to really miss thanksgiving this year :(

:) But that's okay - I can spend a minute remembering the things I'm grateful for!

Good luck with your cooking - luckily you have a good history of successful cooking experiences, so you should be fine :)

PS. I really enjoyed the time I had multiple slivers of pie at your place. Tell Justin he doesn't have to 'get it' to enjoy it :)

xo Tammy