Sunday, October 7, 2007

Refreshed

Do you need some refreshment? Well, I did, and General Conference delivered.

I think its pretty amazing that these men and women who have never met me can know exactly what I need to hear in order to have my faith strengthened, my questions answered, and renewed energy to try and do better. And you know what is even more amazing, that they do it for everyone who approaches listening to their talks with some questions, and faith that God has communicated with these leaders.

I asked Justin what the "take home message" was, and he answered with something completely different than what my "take home message" was. I remember the talks that lead him to what he learned from the last 10 hours of instruction, but they weren't the ones that I felt were for me.

Let's just say that Julie B. Beck's talk was what I needed to hear, and I look forward to a crossroads when I can better apply what I learned. We are going to work very hard to get to that crossroads as soon as possible.

You can get refreshed at www.byu.tv, you will need to go to Saturday and Sunday, and then click on the General Conference boxes in the schedule. It is a little hard to fast forward to specific talks, but it is possible.

2 comments:

The Jones :) said...

Amen to that Phatty!! I totally agree...her talk as well as that Elder Costa from the seventy...those both were really good...and some yesterday!! Just LOTS for me to work on...and get better at to strengthen what I need!! Glad it was good for you too!!
-Becki :)

Tammy Lorna said...

Brecken, I'm SO much looking forward to conference! We won't have it for another 2 weeks, and I just don't have time to sit and listen to 10 hours of conference on the internet before then :( It's easier and quicker to READ the talks, but the talks won't be up in text formats until Thursday! BUT the RS session talks are up! I just read President Monson's talk, and really really enjoyed it. I can see what you mean about it being so succinct and full - It's meant a lot to me already.... I can't wait for the rest of conference!

xo Tammy.