Tuesday, July 24, 2007

walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked

Happy Pioneer Day! I still have to work, but we are going to go for a walk. I decided. It will be our tradition. We can do that no matter where we live, sometime on the 24th of July. And it will remind us, that even though we live in a different time with different challenges and luxuries, we still have to obey when the lord tells us to get up and move.

I'm glad we aren't getting chased out, and I'm glad we don't have to walk there, but I still think its pretty challenging. So, even though I can only experience a sliver of what they did, that sliver is pretty hard.

Thanks for walking and walking and walking and walking so I didn't have to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You honor 42 of you pioneer grandparents.

And you Dad taught Reuben to say cheese.

lovemom

The Jones :) said...

Amen to that Phatty...I just wish you weren't being chased so far away!!! :) but good job for listening!!
-Becki :)