Friday, July 13, 2007

test savvy

Mingle2 Free Online Dating - Science Quiz


I got 84%, but not because I know anything about science, but because I spent two years editing test items. I had no idea about the real answer for most of these questions, but a lot of the questions had little clues in them.

I wish I had been test savvy when I was in school. I could have done a lot better, I probably could have earned an A in American Heritage! Oh the joys of knowing I won't be tricked in tests anymore! It seemed in most classes it didn't matter how hard I studied, I would not ace the tests. (Thats why I loved essay tests!) Now, I can get what I got, and not have to study, or study and get a 4.0. Oh, for my turn to go back to school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the skills gained as QA/QC Editors. :)

Jessica said...

What...you didn't like the American Heritage tests? Oh wait--neither did anyone in their right mind. Multiple choice sucks in general. I had a professor who use to do stuff like:

What is the answer?
I. blah blah
II. oogah boogah
III. you are all going to fail

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II
E. I and III
F. II and III
G. I, II, and III

Of course, his answers weren't as creative as mine, but it was totally evil.