Thursday, December 13, 2012

Advent Activities 2012

Prepping the advent calendarToday's advent activity

This is our second Christmas in Utah, so it was a little easier to plan our advent activities just because I knew which things weren't great last year, and could find a few things that I wish I had found last year.
Untitled
We went to the Wasatch Community Symphony Orchestra that just happened to be at the episcopal church in our neighborhood.

There are constant mini concerts going on at temple square. We went to see the Utah Children's Choir, the boys loved it because they were kids, and I loved it because they sounded good.
Untitled
We made some cinnamon ornaments.
Untitled
LuminariasCameluploaduploadLiving crècheuploadRich hot cocoa 
I wasn't feeling well, so Justin took the boys to the Nativity in the Glen. I was sad to miss it, but comforted in the fact that tonight starts the live nativity in Liberty Park.

We've had a Christmas Music Dance Party. We have read Christmas Stories. Watched Christmas Movies, Sang Christmas Songs. It feels a lot like Christmas around here, and boys are enjoying every moment of it. While a lot of work, this advent activity calendar is one of my favorite traditions. 

No comments: