Friday, July 27, 2012

Reuben

b 2012_07_21 194

While at Temple Square with my sister, tasked with getting photos of her family and the cousins together, Reuben let me take some pictures of him, and he cooperated while he sat still for a minute. He hasn't done that in a very long time. Sure, I'll set my camera to shoot as fast as it can, and maybe get some good brother shots in good light while they wiggle and giggle, but I haven't been granted camera time for just Reuben.

 He is growing up so fast, and doesn't look like a baby anymore. He is tall and lanky like his daddy. And those pesky top teeth that are evidence of my poor parenting when he was a baby (letting him fall asleep to a bottle) just won't fall out. He is kind. He is helpful. He is friendly. He is sensitive. He is aware of the needs of others. He is, and has been, a wise old soul. While I can't seem to break him of his affection to the words "booty" and "underwear," there could be worse things to have affection for. The first thing he does when he wakes up is crawls into bed with me for a cuddle, and if I'm not there he seems a little off the rest of the day.
t2012_07_21 188a 2012_07_21 189

No comments: