Monday, November 14, 2011

My craft table looks a lot like christmas

Tree pants

This is my tree skirt! Look how pretty it is! Look at those pretty snowflakes on the red, and white fabric. Look at my stippling. I am pretty dang proud of myself!

A week of research and practicing. 8 different types of thread, two yards of musslin, and a yard of batting, and then the product. I must say I'm pleased, there are a few spots I would like to rip out and quilt again, but I'm afraid I'll just mess it up more.

I'm going to do the piecing for my pocket advent calendar, before I bind the tree skirt just so I can be sure to finish the calendar before Dec. 1. It is much more fun to cut 4.5 inch squares in Christmas prints while listening to Christmas music. I know it's a little early, but that's the curse of wanting to finish in time. I'm really enjoying this station. Especially when this album, or this one comes up.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love it. And I am looking at your stippling, and I am very impressed. Good job lady. I want to make one, but too bad I have no idea how to quilt. :) You are a woman of many talents!

Rachel said...

AMAZING. Your family will treasure this for many, many years.