Friday, July 22, 2011

7 Eleven

2011_07_22 0052011_07_22 008

7 Eleven was a very special treat when I was growing up. During our summer trip west to visit family, we would get a Slurpee. A Slurpee, Hostess usually ding dong, fried pie, sometimes snowballs. Grandma supplied the raspberry filled hostess powder donuts, and the twinkies. Those were the special treats we couldn't find in Minnesota, well, our part of Minnesota.

So, when I realized it was 7/11, we got in the car and went to 7 Eleven. The boys were in heaven, their very own slurpee, and I was pretty proud of myself because they were free.

I will admit, though, that I bought myself a big slurpee, and I enjoyed every slurp of it.

2 comments:

hanner said...

robbie doesn't like slurpees. the day i found that out was the saddest ay of my life.

Kay Jones said...

Sounds good to me. I think the closest 7/11 to where I live is probably 150 miles away, in New Mexico.