Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Earth Worm

Reuben was digging under the swings, a favorite pass time of his. Justin and I were cleaning up dinner. Reuben ran up to the back door, and showed Daddy an earth worm.

"Look! This earth worm is going to be my pet outside." He says.

Justin gave the appropriate oooh and aaah's. Reuben ran back to the digging. There is a window over the sink that I was washing dishes in, so I watched as Reuben took a break from digging with one hand, stood up, and twisted to put the worm in his shorts pocket.

"No! No! No!" I yelled.

He stopped and looked to the house. Everyone inside the house looked at me. Justin went to the door and explained to Reuben that the worm would die if he put it in his pocket.

For a kid who is terrified of bugs and spiders I was a little surprised that he wanted such a close attachment to a worm. And boy am I glad I caught him before I found a worm in his pocket.

4 comments:

Tammy Lorna said...

Ewwww.

I think you have just summed up the fundamental difference between boys and girls :)

xo Tammy

Sandy M. said...

Haha! It could have been Simeon eating it.... :)

xo

Dani said...

EWWWWWWWW!

Kay Jones said...

If a worm is the worst thing you ever find in his pocket, lucky you! Having raised four sons of my own, I was always amazed at the things I found in their pockets. It got so I was afraid to empty their pockets to wash their clothes. LOL