Friday, November 21, 2008

I am thankful for twinkle lights.


I am thankful for Reuben's excitment that twinkle lights are growing on the trees and light posts. I am thankful that he ducked under the chain so he could sing happy birthday and blow out the twinkle light. I am thankful that he might remember the Rockefeller tree this year. I am thankful that he will be able to learn the carol's this year, and know next year when the lights "grow" that he sings a christmas song to those glowing things.

I am thankful that I could make one of Tammy's favorite memories by decorating the Relief Society table with blue twinkle lights. (That was, to date, on of the best callings I have ever had. I hope to be in a ward with enough active members that I can be the Relief Society Room Decorator again.)

I am thankful for hours spent sitting in the dark watching the christmas tree twinkle, and the fire place glow. I am thankful for the memory of scraping the ice off the inside of the car windows so I could see the twinkle lights on the houses.

I am thankful for the light of Christ. I am thankful for His goodness and grace. I know He is the Light of the World, and I can be a twinkle light by following his example.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

i love this post!! i LOVE the christmas season so much that sometimes i don't know what to do with myself. writing a post like this about it seems just right! there are always so many little things that make it such a magical, beautiful time of year!

Tammy Lorna said...

Oh me too! Christmas lights (or fairy lights, as they're known in some parts of the world!) are one of my favourite things in the whole world!
Reuben, of course, is one of the others, so I love this picture! There's so much excitement on his angel face :)
xo Tammy