Thursday, December 6, 2007

What Crying on the Phone Can Do.

Lets be honest, I work for the insurance. My income doesn't make a dent in our financial situation. So, when I find out that I don't have insurance it really really upsets me.

The first time it happened, I was trying to buy a prescription for a very sick baby. I had a car, and a sick baby, and some time, and it was summer. It just upset me that I had to pay full price.

Now, I do not have a car, so I have to walk to the office (13 blocks away), in below freezing, windy weather. And then be told that I don't have coverage, and would have to pay for the check up and cleaning out of pocket. (Now, I knew there was a chance of this, but I had been assured that it would be taken care of before me appointment, so I trusted that.)

It wasn't taken care of.

So we have to go back.

I was so upset this time that I called the insurance mediator person and got more and more upset when I heard, "Well, I don't know why you aren't in the system, it might take a couple weeks, lets just let them try to work it out." so I started to cry because they had 4 months to work it out, and I NEED IT NOW, and I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR IT FOR 4 MONTHS. So she called her contacts (which were better than my contact--costumer service that told me, well we don't have any record of you.) I immediately got a phone call, and immediately got enrolled. Too bad this didn't get done before I got so frustrated I had to cry on the phone.

We'll try the dentist again a week from tomorrow. That might be traumatizing in a completely different way.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I hate insurance companies--they're evil. I'm glad you got a nice insurance mediator to help you.

The Jones :) said...

Oh my gosh Phatty...I'm sorry...what a mess...glad you got through your mess...I'm still trying to get through my MESS called LIFE :) Glad you have insurance again!!
-Becki :)

Tammy Lorna said...

Oh Brecki - I'm so sorry you had a bad day!
Listen to some jazz and read a good book :)
xo Tammy

hanner said...

I had a bit of phone drama the other day--mine broke and the store gave me the run-around, and it had been such a bad day that by the time I came back (15 minutes before AT&T closed) I was unsuccessfully holding back tears and said, "I am NOT leaving without a phone."

And the man looked at me for a minute and gave me one for $30.

So tears or no tears, stick it to the man!