Sunday, November 11, 2007

Light Sleeper

I am a light sleeper, and when I say light I mean, I wake up at the slightest movement, sound, bug, or frightful thought. Its mostly been a curse, but yesterday I realized its a blessing.

I didn't fall asleep until 5 am on Saturday morning, and Reuben woke us up at 8. I was slightly exhausted (to say the least). Justin got ready and went to work, and Reuben and I put in Toy Story. I sat on the bed with him next to me. I have found that this is the best way to watch a movie with Reuben when I want him to sit still and not run in circles, or pull all the books off the shelf. Well, the three hours of sleep caught up with me and I fell asleep to the soothing sounds of Buzz proving he can fly. I woke up to some clanging in the kitchen (around the part where the toys scare Sid into being nice). Reuben was not in the master office living room, so I figured I'd better go check on the clanging. I saw two of the rugs folded over in the hallway, then looked into the kitchen. Reuben had pulled a chair from the dinning craft Reuben's room into the kitchen, was on top of it, and playing with the dishes on the counter. At least he was not dumping stuff out, or throwing dishes on the floor. I gave him a snack let him run around in circles on pull the books of the shelf until his naptime.

No comments: