Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Birthday Pig for Mom

Today is my Mom's birthday. I'm not sure how old she is (this is not offensive because I spent the last month thinking I was 27, Justin thought that was funny.) She is a fabulous Mother and a wonderful Grandmother. I often think I was blessed to have such a dedicated Mom. Sometimes it was a little embarrassing to me that my teachers and principals were afraid of my Mother, but it meant that they always treated me with the most respect they could muster. My Mom is a good worker and taught us the value of work, to our shagrin. She taught me how to sew. Some of my favorite memories of early childhood are painting on the kitchen floor, and having my Mom come to do art projects in the schools. I'm glad she's my Mom, and Reuben's Grandma.

2 comments:

Lark said...

You are a wonderful daughter. I always wanted to grow up to be a mother. Your mother doesn't really thing she is older than the picture you posted of a young mother kissing her first child.

Tammy Lorna said...

Happy Birthday Lark - I hope you do something fun and have a lovely day :)

xo Tammy