Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sunny Zuccs and Squash

I hate zucchini, unless it is in a muffin with lots of sugar. I don't like squash at all. I tell this to you because I know lots of people that hate zucchini and squash, but they should still try it this way.

The key is how you cut it. Thin long slices. This way it gets cooked, but not mushy on the outside crispy in the middle. The recipe says to julienne, I have a nice chef's knife (thank you Grammie) and I still don't want to bother with it. I cut the z/s to lengths the length of the pepper, then third that, then slice 1/8th inches wide.

Cut the zucchini, Yellow Squash, and a Sweet Pepper (the picture shows orange, but red is good too.) The recipie says a pound of zucchinior yellow squash. (We do two small zucchini, and two small squashes) Heat 2 TBS EVOO in a large-ish skillet. Add one or two TBS minced garlic (depending on your taste and your garlic). Stir around, add zucchini and/or squash, the bell pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper Saute 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top. (When do I have lemon's... never... lemon juice works fine) Then top with 1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese.


If you follow the recipe it makes 4 servings. Nutrition info per serving cause this is a Curves recipe.
Calories 115; Fat 9g; Sat. Fat 2.5 g; Protein 3g; Carbohydrates 6g: Fiber 1g; Cholesterol 6 mg; Sodium 376 mg



4 comments:

Mick said...

zucchini, where did I fail as a parent?

Tammy Lorna said...

Brecken - I love the photo :) One day you should do a recipe book so that you can publish all your food photos. Actually, it doesn't have to be a receipe book. It could just be a 'food' book :)

- looks delicious :)

xo Tammy

Anonymous said...

What the heck is EVOO?

breckster said...

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Its Rachel Ray speak... I won't start using Yumm-o, but EVOO is way easier to Type).